BSES Bill payment gets simpler using online methods
The conventional method of paying for BSES Rajdhani bills or bills of other electricity Boards in the country was quite tedious. The hard copy of the bill would first arrive at the registered address and consumers would typically need to then visit the nearest office to make payments either in cash or using a cheque or a Demand Draft. The disadvantages here were many – for office-goers it meant taking a full-day or half-day leave, then standing in queues waiting for his/her turn to arrive. Carrying cash was another tension. For aged people living alone too, it used to be quite bothersome. Difficult Indian weather conditions would offer no respite and the attitude of the staff members at most offices would become unbearable, but the common man had no other way to make BSES bill payment or electric bill payments of other boards.
Ever since electronic methods of payments have evolved, things have started to look better and brighter. With internet connectivity on computers, laptops and mobile devices things surely have become much easier and smoother. The reason why more people are embracing this technology of e-payment today is the convenience factor. It has completely removed the need to visit local offices of electric boards. Today, online BSES bill payment can be done in seconds, from the comfort of one’s home or office. With technology, the need to endure the lackadaisical attitude of the staff members also has been eliminated.
How to make online electricity bill payments?
In simple easy steps, one can make online BSES bill payment using the official website of BSES or reseller sites like Paytm, MobiKwik and PhonePe or by downloading apps of these third-party online retailers like Paytm App, MobiKwik App and PhonePe App.
- Using official website of BSES
- Enter your BSES account number
- View your current bill online
- Click on Pay.
- Choose between credit card, Netbanking or UPI payments methods. The payment gateway accordingly in the first two cases will communicate with the concerned bank and process the payment. In case of UPI, consumers need to enter their Virtual Payment Address.
- Once the payment is confirmed from the backend, the acknowledgement or a Transaction Reference Number is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Using site and Apps of resellers
- Open the respective site or app.
- Choose Electricity payment.
- Choose the Board name.
- Enter your consumer number
- View the bill online
- Choose an appropriate payment method – pay using credit card, debit card, Netbanking or e-wallet of the reseller.
- As the payment gateway processes the transaction, a confirmation on the payment is sent to the registered mobile number of the consumer. In case the payment is not processed, the transaction is rejected and the consumer is accordingly informed.
This process takes not more than few seconds to few minutes depending your network connectivity and the processing time between the bank and the payment gateway. A process that is so simple that it can be carried out by people of all ages, from different socio-economic background and educational qualification.